Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Under new bill, Americans can be arrested and taken to Guantánamo Bay

On Dec 18, 2:30*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"Han" wrote in message

"HeyBub" wrote in
Yes, it could. Almost any law could be misused (and most have). We
just have to rely on the innate goodness of our president and his
sense of fair play. But even if the president goes rogue (or a little
funny in the head), he can be replaced at the next regularly scheduled
election.

Even sooner in the case of Richard Nixon who misused his powers to direct a
team of burglars to illegally enter the offices of his rivals to look for
dirt.

Another lie. There isn't a shred of evidence that Nixon had
advance knowledge of the Watergate burglary.

He didn't get to finish out his term, as I recall, as a result.
Those are the sort of things that Han and I worry about that don't seem to
bother you. *It's been alleged that more than one president used the FBI to
gather dirt on their political enemies, Presidents from both parties. *Power
corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

--
Bobby G.

Yeah, but they only bother you when it's a Republican. All the
use of govt power to take away our freedoms little by little in
the name of liberalism, you're OK with. In fact, you want more
of it. Like making us work more each year for govt, one more
step each year towards becoming serfs of the state. Yet you
ruminate about a 40 year old event, where the system worked.