Posted to uk.d-i-y
Moonraker[_2_] Moonraker[_2_] is offline

Default Reverse circulation central heating?

On 18/12/2011 09:59, thirty-six wrote:
On Dec 18, 9:14 am, wrote:
On Dec 18, 12:57 am, wrote:

On Dec 17, 8:12 pm,
wrote:

thirty-six wrote:

If so is there a way of fixing it without causing too much
disturbance to pipe work?

Take the conrol head off the rad nearest the boiler, so it's on all
the time, and control its actual output with a towel.

That is one of the most stupid comments I have read on this newsgroup.

--
Adam

Explain your need for this ridiculous outburst. Forgot to take a pill?

It was a pretty stupid comment. I think there has been stupider
though.

Worse than worthless.

When the rad thermostats were supplied they should have had a cap. If
you have these, remove one of the thermostats and place the cap on,
screwing down firmly, this will completely shut off the radiator.
Incidentally should you ever wish to take a radiator off without
draining the system do this other, wise turning off the valve (as is the
case with you) does not necessarily turn off the flow completely, even
if it does it may turn itself on in the dead of the night, I got caught
out this way once.