Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Roller shutter garage doors

Bald eagle wrote :
After 30 odd years our old garage door has given up the ghost. I'd like to
replace it with an electrically operated, insulated, roller shutter. Price at
Wickes for one to fit myself is £1199.

Local paper has an ad offering 'top of the range automatic remote controlled
garage door' fitted for £699 including VAT. No company name, just a phone
number. When I Google the phone number (01245 3612676) I get loads of hits
which refer to local papers all over the south east carrying the same ad. Not
a lot of info but I have come across the names Essex Garage Doors and Seguro
Garage Doors.

Anybody had any experience of them? Can't help wondering what the catch is.
I'm sure there must be one as the price is just too good to be true.

It does sound too good to be true.

I bought and collected one from a factory that makes them up to order -
a bit under £500 inc. a couple or so years ago. Which I fitted myself.
Fitting is really not that difficult.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)