Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
VWWall[_2_] VWWall[_2_] is offline

Default Best Monitor?

Jan Panteltje wrote:
On a sunny day (Fri, 16 Dec 2011 08:29:32 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson
wrote in
:

I'm looking for recommendations for a new monitor... my ViewSonic
croaked last night :-(

Borrowed the wife's, so I need a quick answer ;-)

Thanks!

I would try to repair it...
You gonna need the money for food after the collapse of the US economy
brought about by the Obanana & The Demonrats band.

Last year I bought a Samsung 46 inch 3D TV,
it is crap, but the picture 1980x1050 ? when connected to the PC,
is good for those with bad vision, I mean at that size your diagrams are BIG.
But it consumes 200W (CFL backlight).

My 1680x1050 Samsung SyncMaster 206BW monitor works OK for all stuff.
Recently repaired it by replacing some electrolytic in the power supply.

I had the same problem with my Samsung 931B. It seems to be common even
in Samsung TVs. Radio Shack had the required electrolytic capacitors on
special! It took 15 minutes to pry the case open and 5 minutes to repair!

Read some reviews for the monitor you want to buy,
may save you problems.

--
Virg Wall