Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Harbor Freight Buying Guide (Humor)

In article , says...

I see HF has AA batteries on sale w/coupon 24 for $4.99.
I've had better luck with those than the equivalent from Frys
Electronics (which were too weak to power my CD player).

FWIW, Wally World will sell you a set of four NiMH AAs and a charger for
13 bucks. That should power your CD player for the next decade or so.
Only place I use nonrechargeables these days is applications where the
draw is so low that self-discharge becomes an issue (clocks mostly). If
it's something where I change the batteries every day or every week the
rechargeables are slam-dunk.