Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Angle Grinder or Huge Bolt Cutter

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:29:49 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

I was dumbfounded when Robert mentioned using an angle grinder to cut
off the head of a key.
Seems like massive overkill when a vise and hacksaw does that in 30
seconds.

You'll understand if you live long enough to get severe osteoarthritis.
Hacksawing is just brutal pain. Had a real (old) Skil saw with metal
cutting blades that just died - I would have used that.

Right. Didn't connect it. Hard to do unless you have the experience.
Reminds me of a scene where a friend of mine tore into our branch
manager really hard at a Christmas party.
When the manager arrived he made the rounds doing the normal
hand-shaking greetings.
It was nothing to me when he shook my hand.
But upon shaking my friend's hand, my friend exploded.
Too hearty a handshake.
Apparently in great pain, and favoring his shoulder, he yelled at the
manager,
"God dammit! What's wrong with you?!?!
I told you I had osteo-whatever !!!
What the hell's wrong with you?!?!?"

Never saw him go off like that.
I felt bad for the manager, as he meant no harm, just good will.
But apparently this wasn't the first time for this.
Anyway, seems the Dremel is your best bet for the key.
Much less strain than hefting an angle grinder.

--Vic