Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Homemade stationary bike

On Dec 16, 9:48*am, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 12/16/2011 5:36 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Pic
http://thereifixedit.files.wordpress...trash-repairs-...

That's actually a bicycle trainer. *My ex used one hours at a time for
about a year before her bicycle trip from CA to PA.

I'm cornfused.

I see how the rear wheel sits on the 2 rear rollers and can roll on
down the road, so to speak, but what about the front wheel?

Does it sit in the gap between the frame and the front roller or is it
just sitting on top of the front roller? There seems to be a gap
between the frame and the front roller but it's hard to tell from the
picture.

If it's just sitting on the front roller, is it safe? It seems that it
wouldn't take much of turn (like in a moment of distraction) for the
front wheel to slip off of the roller.