Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is 'InstaHang' a decent product?

On Dec 16, 1:38*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 12/16/2011 2:17 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Dec 16, 2:01 pm, Tony *wrote:
On 12/16/2011 1:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Dec 16, 12:25 pm, Robert * *wrote:
Anybody know anything about a product called InstaHang?

I ask, because whenever I see an ad on TV I think, "what a great
idea!", but then usually find out that the Competitor's Product to
what is shown works MUCH better.

Just one historical example, Dirt Devil vs Hoover where the TV ads
ran, and ran, and ran, the function shown on TV was great, but the
Hoover competitor product was about twice the product.

So, I ask the group, is this a good product? is there a competitor to
this product that will work better?

Have you looked at the 3M Command Strips line of products?

http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M...mmand/Command/

No holes, no damage, and no gadgets that need a commercial that begins
with klutzes trying to use a hammer and ends with "But wait...there's
more!" in order to sell them.

I've used various styles of Command Strips to hang all sorts of stuff
and I love 'em.

I've been pushing the Command Strips here for a while and yours is the
first post I've seen that agrees with me. *They really stick and they
are removable with no damage. *I'm not sure if they have some small
enough for small picture hanging though. *For smallish pictures in
drywall I use a pin at about a 33º angle inserted with a pair of needle
nose pliers.- Hide quoted text -

I'm not sure what you consider a "smallish picture."

They have strips with a max load rating of 1 pound. I'd consider any
picture under a pound to be pretty small-ish.

They also have poster hanging strips for hanging - and I quote -
"schedules, posters, calendars and pictures without frames, or as an
alternative to double-sided tape."

Why wouldn't either of those work in place of your pin?

That sounds like they have them smaller than any I have seen or used,
I'll have to take a look next time. *I'm sure I'll be buying them,
Thanks! *In a pinch one time when I couldn't find my "refills" I heated
the old stretched out one over the toaster and it shrank back to
original size. *That reused one has been holding a soap dish in the
shower for 5 or so years now. *So much better than those silly suction
cups that always fall off.- Hide quoted text -

Agreed, the COMMAND product is a winner!