Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fuse size in IBM ThinkPad T22 wallwart power supply

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:54:55 -0800 (PST), Robert Macy
wrote:

FINALLY!! I verified that the LCD screen is validly changing pixels,
all I need is the backlight.

Ok. The panel is good. That leaves the LCD inverter and/or the CCFL
backlighting tubes.

Measure voltage. If the tube is OFF, is that the firing voltage?
trying to get the tube to arc? sounds about right. 400 to 600 Vac
firing voltage then goes down to the 20V 1A range.

Could you please re-write that in English? It's not clear if you
measured anything, what you measured, how you measured it, and what
numbers were seen.

Would you verify that there is NO polarity to the fluorescent tubes
supply?

The CCFL lamp wires are not polarized.

However, the connector from the CCFL tubes is sometimes polarized. It
is possible to plug in backwards. It will sorta fit, but not be
seated correctly, resulting in no connection. My guess(tm) is is what
you've done. Unplug the cable from the CCFL lamps and LOOK AT THEM
carefully. Match it with the socket on the inverter. Hopefully, that
will fix it.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#