Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Is there some'secret' way to easily remove screw cap covers when dissassembling?

On Dec 16, 1:25*pm, Winston wrote:
Robert Macy wrote:

(...)

I did finally verify the image is appearing ON the LCD, all I need now
is the backlight and I'll have a working Laptop again, plus free parts-
bracket, boss, and screw.

Sounds like progress. *

--Winston

The irritating factor in the excess parts is that the bracket was left
on the 14mm screw that holds down the keyboard bezel, and appeared to
fit in that area EXCEPT that with the bracket in place where it fits
comfortably, the screw does NOT reach ?! I think it is an EMC
grounding bracket and probably won't have much to do with the
operation [I hope}