Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Best Monitor?

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:35:47 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:24:09 GMT, (Nico Coesel) wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations for a new monitor... my ViewSonic
croaked last night :-(

Borrowed the wife's, so I need a quick answer ;-)

Get one with LED backlight. They stay very cool.

Yep that was what was wrong with both my ViewSonic's, CFL backlit :-(

I'm considering this one...

ViewSonic VX2450WM-LED 24-Inch (23.6-Inch Vis) Widescreen LED Monitor

CFL? Compact fluorescent? Or do you mean EL? I don't pay attention to
what lights up my display -- it's just magic.

Chances are high that it wasn't the light emitter that broke down, but
rather the wiring or the electronics -- meaning that if it'll break with
the current technology, it'll break with LEDs, too.

http://www.wescottdesign.com