Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer[_3_] John Gilmer[_3_] is offline

Default They ain't dead yet!

There are people still using incandescent light bulbs?

/question

Yep!

One effect of the "ban" had caused a lot of CFLs and LED lamps to become
available. I dare say that most folks who have tried out the
alternatives to incadescents have come to prefer them.

The main problems associated with the alternatives:

1) Many can't be run off a light dimmer or even some electronic switches.

2) CFLs don't reach full brightness for a few minutes.

3) It's hard to find a "bulb" that really gives the equivalent of a 40
watt incadescent that will fit inside a fan light.

But the future is NOW. LEDs are getting more reliable and are starting
to become available in larger sizes.

Speaking for myself, I think I don't have ANY incadescent bulbs INSIDE
the house with the exception of some older Christmas lights. Outside,
the "flood lights" are still old style.