Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Angle Grinder or Huge Bolt Cutter

On Dec 16, 7:28*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"DD_BobK" wrote in message

stuff snipped

I have two bolt cutters (18" & 24") and two 4.5" grinders.

I've used the bolt cutters twice in the last 5 years...... * I use the
grinders every month.

I have five grinders. *I like more than one, because it saves time

changing
blades. *I use them every time I go to the shop.

I have two Dremels, one pretty much always loaded with a cut off disc, the
other with a wire brush. *I use them at least twice a week. *So I know the
value of rotating tools. *The grinders are so damn cheap at HF on sale I
probably will acquire both variable and set speed grinders as they come on
sale because battery powered Dremels are a little underpowered for jobs like
padlock cutting.

I have a pair of 42" (!) bolt cutters. *I use them very infrequently, but
when I do use them, they're the cat's meow

The big bolt cutters are a bit like magic in how quickly they cut through
something we all assumed was hard to defeat like a padlock. *Truth be told,
I have no real use for them. *I just want them. (-:

--
Bobby G.- Hide quoted text -

I often wondered why people snip the padlock. The hasp on the door is
a lot smaller, easier and I don't think it is even hardened.

Harry K