Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Under new bill, Americans can be arrested and taken to Guantánamo Bay

Peter wrote:
On 12/15/2011 3:44 PM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"Peter" wrote in message
On 12/15/2011 11:41 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Han wrote:
wrote in :

I'm not a lawyer, much less a Constitutional lawyer, but doesn't
the 6th
Amendment provide the right to a speedy trial? Also, there may be a
violation of Constitutional habeas corpus protections. I predict
legal
challenges if this legislation is enacted.

I'm a biochemist, not a lawyer. The danger of this execrable law is
that
someone is going to be police, judge, and executioner all at the same
time.
That doesn't seem constitutional. I have no objection to a /real/
terrorist being handed over to the military for safekeeping, but I'd
like a
jury of /MY/ peers to help the police and prosecutor in determining
whether
that person is a /real/ terrorist, rather than some bloke shooting
of his
big mouth to an entrapment agent.

Hi,
If you don't like somepne. just call him/her terrorist or Al Queada.
Never see him/her again.

Just like in the 50s with McCarthy; just call some a "communist" and
their career was toast.

Ironically, it turned out that all those (and some more) were actual
communists.

Absolutely not true. you are entitled to your opinions, but that does
not extend to fabricating history.

Whoa!
Amazing, people like you, where have you been? You really don't know the
truth? I am not even an American but I do. Your knowledge depends on
media? Dig up and read some real stuffs yourself to know the truth.