Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 4-line telephone via RJ45 jack?

On Dec 15, 10:06*pm, G. Morgan wrote:
G. Morgan wrote:
Take a regular phone cord (RJ-11) and cut the ends off with a nice 8"
pigtail. Now you have two modular plugs with access to the wire. *Strip
wires (Red+Green L1) (Yellow+Black L2) attach them to the ethernet cable
in this order: (solder and heatshrink would be nice)

BTW, there are other ways if you don't want to strip wire. *let me know..

When you do make the connections, use a "Western Union Splice"; not the
type you would make with a wire nut.

The wires are very thin on the jack wire, so you may want to get a 12'
cord and cut in half to practice. Once you perfected the stripping of
that cable and know how you're you are going to solder and cover, *then
cut cable to desired 8" (or longer if you want the splice hidden on the
floor).

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan *(Colbert Report)

Physically there are adapters that will go into a single RJ45 and make
it
into a dual one. There are also adapters that will go into an RJ45
and
make it into an RJ11. So, it seems you could plug two of the latter
into one of the former and you'd have your dual RJ11. However, not
sure
about the wire mapping that results. Whenever I think about that
stuff
a lot of head scratching is required and it's too early in the AM.