Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Carb Overhaul on Homelite Vac Attack II

On 12/15/2011 6:57 PM, frank1492 wrote:
Hmmm...I had actually thought of that- should have been option 4.
Will give it a shot. Thanks.
The fact that when reassembled there was a slight improvement
also supports your idea because I think the carb kit did nothing.
BTW how likely is it ever that the strainer in the bottom of the
fuel tank gets partially plugged? And how often does an overhaul kit
improve things? Nothing I saw in the kit looks like it could go bad
except possible the diaphragm, and while mine looked a *little* floppy
I doubt that would cause problems.
Frank

In my experience rebuilding carbs the problem is almost always dirt in a
jet or orifice or somewhere, I seldom buy a rebuild kit and often make
new gaskets myself. Not very often do they need any new parts.