Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Under new bill, Americans can be arrested and ta ken to Guantánamo Bay

In article ,
Han wrote:

I snipped a lot ... Here in the New York City area there were some cases
that came close to being entrapment and/or encouraging someone shooting his
big mouth off. Too lazy to go look for specifics, OK? The (perhaps
hypothetical) point is that if the President or his designee says this
person is an UEC, there is no way under this law that we can hear about it
- the person just disappears. As I said,I'm in favor of having the army
deal with UEC, but there should be a public process that designates him/her
as such.

I have worked enough investigations to know that in something like this,
yo HAVE to take it seriously. The papers, CongressCritters, and people
on Usenet can say things like this is the gang that couldn't shoot
straight. But one thing I know from personal experience is that every
once in awhile, the idiots screw things up and get it right. When that
happens people die. And the papers, CongressCritters, and people on
Usenet have a fit about how the cops coulda stopped it.