Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.law-enforcement,rec.autos.tech
willshak willshak is offline

Default Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stationsin residential property

Robert Green wrote the following:
"worker bee" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 16:47:19 -0500, Robert Green wrote:
Get something like a "danger - Radiation!" sign and attach it to a metal
box that only your suspect neighbor can see. If you get a visit from
the nuclear police, you pretty much know who called them.

That brought a smile to my face. And the hint about the nuclear police
reminded me of what Commander Rochefort did to the Japanese at AF
Midway.

Jasper Holmes was the real hero of that operation. Rochefort knew that the
Japanese were going to attack *somewhere* (but not where) from decrypting
IJN (Imp. Jap. Navy) radio traffic (an impressive feat - Rochefort was a
real ace). Holmes had the idea to put out an uncoded broadcast that Midway
was running out of water. Sure enough, soon they decrypted an IJN
transmission that said "AF short of water" and they knew the attack was
aimed at Midway.

The Battle of Midway should be renamed the Battle of Miracles because there
were at least five different times when God or whoever's in charge smiled on
us and gave us breaks (like decoding the term AF) that turned the tide of
battle.

Apparently, god didn't like American torpedo bombers.

Three IJN carriers were sunk because a pilot got a glimpse of a
destroyer moving at flank speed so he followed, assuming it was returning to
the fleet. He was right and minutes later the pride of the IJN flat-top
fleet was heading for the bottom of the sea.

write you pesky neighbor's address only on a key tag with
the words "$75 reward if returned" and distribute them in the baddest
part of town you can find.

Another smile!

Drop 'em off in the parking lot of the local county jail. I don't even think
the "key trick" is against the law, per se. Still, as one poster suggested,
I wouldn't use anything easily traceable in making up the tags. You could
even get creative and use an etcher to write "Safe" or "Gun Locker" or "Pot
Grow Room" on the keys to make their return more likely. You're sure to
attract a vengeful sort of person that way. It's a good way to get revenge
without ever having to approach the target's property or car. These days,
with everyone having a nanny-cam or CCTV, you never know who's watching. Of
course, these suggestions are purely for entertainment purposes and I would
*never* suggest anyone take revenge on a low-life neighbor who's making your
life hell. (-"

I often wonder if the drops we've seen in the last ten years in various
crime rates hasn't been, in part, attributable to people knowing they're
being watched. Of course, it doesn't seem to bother "flash mobsters" but
from the looks of it, they're mostly just stupid kids acting the way stupid
kids do.

I seem to remember doing dumb stuff when I was young but that's the benefit
of a failing memory. You forget the stupid and bad stuff as well as the
important stuff. I can still remember my family's telephone number from the
1950's (Cloverdale-6-4033) but have trouble with new ones. Perhaps that's
speed dial's fault. (-:

--
Bobby G.

--