Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default Breville SHM2 kitchen mixer, probably 2008

On Dec 15, 6:37*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Got it running on positions 2 to 5 low to full speed with *right sort of
power draw off the mains , hi/lo works and boost works all up to full mains
but pos 1 has problems. I used a variac of course initially and pos 1 was
going in reverse at 30 percent mains, at full tilt as though on 5. At 50
percent mains for half a second, no motion, nasty buzz and mains draw of
over 1 amp. Where to go from here , I assume pos 1 is not reverse or it
would be marked R, what have I miswired ? Time to delve into the handle and
its switches

Stamp an R over the 1 and call it quits.