Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Under new bill, Americans can be arrested and taken to Guantánamo Bay

On Dec 15, 11:39*am, Han wrote:
Peter wrote :

I'm not a lawyer, much less a Constitutional lawyer, but doesn't the 6th
Amendment provide the right to a speedy trial? *Also, there may be a
violation of Constitutional habeas corpus protections. *I predict legal
challenges if this legislation is enacted.

I'm a biochemist, not a lawyer. *The danger of this execrable law is that
someone is going to be police, judge, and executioner all at the same time.

Show us where it says that in the law.

That doesn't seem constitutional.

It wouldn't be.

*I have no objection to a /real/
terrorist being handed over to the military for safekeeping, but I'd like a
jury of /MY/ peers to help the police and prosecutor in determining whether
that person is a /real/ terrorist, rather than some bloke shooting of his
big mouth to an entrapment agent.

Show us a specific case where a US citizen, just shooting their
mouth off, has been handed over to the military.

--
Best regards
Han