Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] grimly4@gmail.com is offline

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:23:00 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Many BMC boxes used engine oil. Even before the Mini where there was no
option.

Indeed; the Hunter was another engine-oil box.

During the life of the SD1 Rover, the gearbox oil spec was changed from
EP75/80 to ATF.

As does the MT75 box in Fords, iirc.

Also, I have a feeling that the typical 'EP80 or EP90' g'box oils
aren't actually showing the viscosity on the package. I can't be
utterly sure of that, but I observed that EP90 doesn't flow anything
like as thickly as I'd expected and suspect there's something else at
play.