Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG[_2_] DanG[_2_] is offline

Default Non-yellowing caulk recommendations

On 12/14/2011 1:56 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
I am nearly finished with construction of a new shed. I have a few
more trim pieces to cut and install and then I'll need to caulk the
necessary joints. I'm using white PVC for the trim (Versatex) so I
won't have to paint it so I'll need to use white caulk.

I've had some caulk that has yellowed in a relatively short time but I
don't remember what brand that was. Does anyone have any
recommendations for a high quality, non-yellowing caulk?

Thanks

I would NOT recommend any silicone caulk other than Dow Corning 795.

I have been using Titebond for Metal Roofs with very good results. It
is a newer polymer technology, not a silicone or a polyurethane.
http://www.titebond.com/product.aspx?id=50278962-f88c-48d3-bd52-718c5298a55d

The metal roof formula has better adherence than the regular
Weathermaster, adheres well to wet surfaces, sets under water, and cures
to a great bond. Similar price to NP-1.

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G