Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Plans for making a regular sized ironing board

"worker bee" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 02:07:45 +0000, Sjouke Burry wrote:
Look for a sturdy wall, and attatch the board to it, without using any
legs.

I've never seen it done the 'right' way; but what I would do, if I
attached a full-sized ironing board to the wall would be to design the
center attachment so that you can SWIVEL the ironing board so that BOTH
ends were functional.

I've NEVER seen anyone attach an ironing board to a wall so that both
ends were usable.

Does anyone have an idea for a ready-made swivel to attach to the
underside center of the board if I do attach it to a wall?

Just do what the sewing pros do. Make a table top one (regular board with 2"
rubber covered feet) and store it in a closet. You can use it on a counter
top, top of the washer and dryer, a table, bed, dresser, etc. I have 4
different table top boards in various sizes and shapes. Really helps when
you're ironing 60" wide fabric. And you can easily use both ends of the
board.