Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Ampeg schematic ...

Does anyone by any chance have schematics for an Ampeg SVT3 Pro U. It's the
"U" that's the tricky bit. This version has an additional board at the back,
which produces a balanced / unbalanced line out signal via either a jack, or
an XLR connector. Also, there is a level control, and a "Pre - Post"
pushbutton switch. One of those signals is missing, so you only get output
with the switch in one position. Also, the level control doesn't seem to do
a lot, but when you look at the print, the pot is actually connected as a
variable resistor. I can see the connector pin on this extra board, where
the signal that's missing should come in, but without taking the main board
right out, I can't see where it should be coming from at the other end. So
if anyone has got this version of the schematics - there are plenty of the
'straight' Pros on the 'net, but apparently, not this version - then it
would be handy to get a squint. As it happens, this was not the main fault,
which I have already fixed. It was an owner's "can you just have a look at
this other little problem, while you've got it". To be honest, I'm not even
certain that it is a problem. I could be missing the function of the switch
and pot completely, I'm just taking the owner's word for it, that there
should be signal there in both cases.

TIA

Arfa