Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default lumberwaiter

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 07:52:45 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I bought and used the shorter, bed-mounted model and it worked well
the few times I actually used it. It cost $80 on sale. What I can't
understand is the price from some of the US mfgrs. Look at these:
http://www.hoistsdirect.com/thern_cr...#series%205122
How can they condone $700-$4000 prices on half tone cranes when HF
sells theirs for $159 or less? I don't understand it! The $700 model
is apparently their version of the inexpensive HF crane.

US liability laws and the expense of keeping enough money on hand to
meet any needs that may arise.

Shrug

Gunner

Gunner Asch