Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Chapman Roger Chapman is offline

Default Wind not good for wind farms...

On 14/12/2011 14:22, dennis@home wrote:

http://www.clarewind.org.uk/events-1.php?event=39

Did TFP write that skit himself or is that website which he has cited
before perhaps his primary source of information on AGW.

Like it, like it!

I see it mentions the not-lamented erstwhile denizen of
uk.d-i-y, Mr
Hansen.

I assume its a different Hansen.

I assumed it wasn't. Same firts and last name, same outlook.

Just for the record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._Hansen

If only the air travel theory was true. Then there would be a simple
cure for global warming - just stop flying. At least 99% (figure
plucked out of thin air as TFP is wont to do) of air travel is non
essential.

Incidentally one of the predictions of global warming has just shown up:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...e-6276207.html

Rubbish as usual.

There is plenty more detail if you want to look for it.

The methane isn't trapped in the arctic ice.
Its trapped on the sea floor, mainly by pressure and it isn't leaking
anymore than normal ATM.

It says trapped under, not in, and it is leaking more than normal.

Maybe we should mine it and burn it as the CO2 is less harmful.

That would make sense if only there was some easy way to capture it.

There was more even in that issue of the Independent which is, perhaps,
why the leading article was so short.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...internalSearch

And plenty more comment elsewhere for the deniers to avoid reading in
case they get infected with doubt.

--
Roger Chapman