Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wind not good for wind farms...

Tim Streater wrote:
In article om,
"dennis@home" wrote:

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
On 14/12/2011 00:26, Bob Eager wrote:

http://www.clarewind.org.uk/events-1.php?event=39

Did TFP write that skit himself or is that website which he has

cited before perhaps his primary source of information on AGW.

Like it, like it!

I see it mentions the not-lamented erstwhile denizen of

uk.d-i-y, Mr
Hansen.

I assume its a different Hansen.

I assumed it wasn't. Same firts and last name, same outlook.

Just for the record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._Hansen

If only the air travel theory was true. Then there would be a simple

cure for global warming - just stop flying. At least 99% (figure
plucked out of thin air as TFP is wont to do) of air travel is non
essential.

Incidentally one of the predictions of global warming has just shown

up:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...article-arctic

-methane-a-risk-it-would-be-unwise-to-ignore-6276207.html

Rubbish as usual.

The methane isn't trapped in the arctic ice.

I thought there was methane in the tundra.

there's methane anywhere that vegetation is rotting.

It has a fairly short life in the atmosphere IIRC 10 years sez wiki.

ends up as water and CO2..