Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_3_] dennis@home[_3_] is offline

Default Wind not good for wind farms...

"Roger Chapman" wrote in message
On 14/12/2011 00:26, Bob Eager wrote:

http://www.clarewind.org.uk/events-1.php?event=39

Did TFP write that skit himself or is that website which he has cited
before perhaps his primary source of information on AGW.

Like it, like it!

I see it mentions the not-lamented erstwhile denizen of uk.d-i-y,
Mr
Hansen.

I assume its a different Hansen.

I assumed it wasn't. Same firts and last name, same outlook.

Just for the record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_E._Hansen

If only the air travel theory was true. Then there would be a simple cure
for global warming - just stop flying. At least 99% (figure plucked out of
thin air as TFP is wont to do) of air travel is non essential.

Incidentally one of the predictions of global warming has just shown up:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...e-6276207.html

Rubbish as usual.

The methane isn't trapped in the arctic ice.
Its trapped on the sea floor, mainly by pressure and it isn't leaking
anymore than normal ATM.
Maybe we should mine it and burn it as the CO2 is less harmful.