Posted to alt.home.repair
worker bee worker bee is offline

Default Plans for making a regular sized ironing board

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 02:07:45 +0000, Sjouke Burry wrote:
Do you know of any plans on the net for full-sized ironing boards?

Look for a sturdy wall, and attach the board to it, without using any
legs.

Good idea, but bad idea for me.

I already have one of those built-in quarter-sized ironing boards which
flip out from the wall in the laundry room.

They stink.

The problem is that you really need BOTH ends to iron a man's shirt and
pants. Without the squarish end, you have to do twice as much work.

I don't need legs that fold - but I do need it to be sturdy. I'm thinking
a solid chunk of four by four or something like that (it doesn't have to
be pretty).

It would be nice to have plans though ...