Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default UPS delivery

Bob Engelhardt fired this volley in
:

Except that the M-C website is great and MSC's sucks, big time. Bob

You got that right! The MSC site is almost impossible to use. By
contrast, the McMaster-Carr site is nearly as intuitive as a paper
catalog, but faster.

I've even called MSC's customer service department to describe exactly
what is necessary to find an item and place an order on one vs. the
other. Then, I suggested they send a "mystery buyer" to the McMaster
site to see what they could see.

The response was (basically), "we've made vast improvements in the site
recently, and hope you enjoy them." (which I do, compared to how bad it
used to be).

Despite that, it's a klunker of an online ordering site! It's worse,
almost, than no on-line ability at all. Their paper catalog, on the
other hand, is top-notch!

LLoyd