Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default how on earth do I remove this screwless glass ceiling light dome?

On Dec 13, 3:35*pm, Reed wrote:
It's possible that the fixture is purposely made to not be opened by
students/tenants/office workers. The intent would be to keep people
from stealing bulbs, making dangerous extension cord hookups, or
swapping in higher wattage bulbs, etc.

Kind of like the restroom panels/fixtures with "one-way" screw heads etc.

As others have said, bulbs should a building maintenance issue anyway,
unless you have dorm rules to the contrary.

Speaking of college dorms and dangerous extension cords hookups, both
of my daughter's colleges have this rule:

They can not use extension cords or power strips unless they have a
switch.

They can put a $2.00 power strip in the most inaccessible place
imaginable, like behind the mini fridge that's jammed under their bed,
and they can plug that 15 YO energy hog of a mini fridge, the TV, 2
lamps and a curling iron into it, but dammit, that power strip better
have a switch or the school can confiscate it.

Strange.