Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wind not good for wind farms...

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 00:17:21 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 23:23:10 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Adrian Brentnall wrote:
On 13/12/2011 13:36, whisky-dave wrote:
On Dec 13, 12:24 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 08:53:57 +0000, Adrian Brentnall

wrote:
We suspect that all this particular installation is about is
subsidy and
a photo of the happy workforce in front of the factory gates,
with a 'super-green' turbine in the background.
Beats me why the factory owners couldn't find a better site and
still get the credit for it. Who says it has to be on their own
plot? Just them, I'd suppose.
Maybe it's to do with renting the ground that the turbines occupy.
I wonder if the other energy suppliers pay rent/council tax for teh
area their plant
covers or is the land owned by the energy companies.
The man owns a bit of land on the top of a local hill - but was
turned down for permission to erect a windmill up there. It's all
greenwash anyway - noting to do with saving the planet - everything
to do with pr & subsidies.

Adrian
here you are

send this to the planners

http://www.clarewind.org.uk/events-1.php?event=39
Like it, like it!

I see it mentions the not-lamented erstwhile denizen of uk.d-i-y, Mr
Hansen.

I assume its a different Hansen.

I assumed it wasn't. Same firts and last name, same outlook.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org