Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default 31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...

On Dec 13, 5:15*am, "Robert Green" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Dec 12, 1:50 pm, BobR wrote:

On Dec 11, 11:56 pm, "Robert Green"

...A most xxcellent explanation has been snipped...

Most reasonable people can recognize that there is more than one
acceptable definition but both you and DD have proven that you are not
reasonable so I don't expect you to understand the definitions on
either word.

Mr. G:

A very wise man named Reinhold Niebuhr once wrote:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the
difference."

I suggest that you follow my lead and accept the fact that these 2
gentlemen are not going to listen to reason.

This wisdom will "earn" you some serenity. ;-)
I remember a long time ago, when I was a "cub" reporter, an interviewee
called my editor to complain about an article I had written. *I always taped
my interviews (with permission) so that I could get the quotes exactly right
and this gentlemen complained, when quoted verbatim "That's what I SAID buy
it's not what I MEANT!"

Once you encounter that kind of behavior, it's hard to be shocked any
further. *All I can do is present the facts as I know them. *Since I got a
780 on my GRE verbal exam, I feel pretty confident that I'm right about the
definition of accounting terms as they've been used for centuries. *I'll
admit, I make plenty of mistakes, but confusing "saving money" with "earning
money" isn't one of them. *I've suffered through too many economics,
bookkeeping, accounting and business process reengineering classes to
entertain redefinition of terms that are absolutely standardized in labor
law, accounting, bookkeeping and taxation.

BTW, I prefer this version: *Lord, Grant Me The Serenity To Accept The
Things I Can Not Change, The Courage To Change The Things I Can, And The
Wisdom To Hide The Bodies Of Those I Had To Kill Because They ****ed Me Off
So Damn Much.

The truth is that I just don't get peeved enough to care. *I rarely engage
in more than a couple of rounds of debate because by then you've either
convinced someone they've erred or they've convinced you that "face" is so
important to them they can never admit to an error. *Those types of people
often end up telling the story of their web duel to one of their
knowledgeable friends who will then tell them "ah, you were mistaken."

Now I have to sign off to write a new brochure to sell on the web:

"Mowing Your Way To Millions!"

--
Bobby G.

I bow down to your godly self belief.