Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default CAD programs

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 07:57:09 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 06:19:56 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:01:47 -0800,
wrote:

(...)

$195 instead of $995 is an insane bargain.

So are CA JCs. Up here, courses cost $130 per credit, with most
courses 3+ credits, plus half a dozen extra college fees. I'd be back
up to $995 in a heartbeat with 2 basic classes. But thanks for the
thought. Welding and landscaping programs cost upward of $3k each
here. I think a commercial course would be cheaper.

So get on the other side of the equation and let
the JC purchase your discounted software, yes?

Most mfgrs require specific courses to purchase the software, or they
did the last time I looked. Sometimes they checked, other times they
didn't, but Crom help you if you cheated. You were buggered for it.

Rhino requires documentation that you're either a teacher or a
student. I sent them a photocopy of my wife's teacher ID. That got me
an upgrade from v. 2 (which I owned and used at Wasino) to v. 4 for
$95.

--
Ed Huntress

Teach a 'beginning XTML' telecourse for your local JC/CC.

Not EVEN! I wouldn't survive the lugubrious liberal bastion of
blubbering maroons. As a student, it would be bad enough, but as an
instructor, look out! Besides, they don't hire people who don't
believe in AGWK. And I refuse to put a Bammy sticker on my vehicle.
They'll just have to do without me.

Your local JC is swamped with folks who want to know this stuff!

Looka he http://www.roguecc.edu/Schedule/?coursenumber=9.257
The course scheduled for January filled up quickly!

That's because there is none offered in any quarter, sir.
P.S: That note said "Current Term is Fall 2011" not "full".