Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

In article
,
thirty-six wrote:
It could effect the operation of the synchromesh. Which relies on
friction.

I make fast clutchless shifts by rev matching. The input shaft is
controlled by engine speed and synchro is not necessary in most
driving. It helps to have a fast engine pickup.

You actually mean very slow gearchanges. No engine ever made slows up or
speeds up fast enough to get anywhere near the speed you can change up or
down with synchromesh.

--
*I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learner's permit.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.