Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hand held vacuum

In article
,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Dec 13, 1:18 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
I fancy a decent hand held vacuum for doing the carpeted stairs here - but
it must be as powerful as my existing Panasonic upright when using the
hose. Purely for convenience - lugging the Panasonic around on the stairs
is a pain.

I've seen the Dysons - but I'd be quite happy with a mains one since I
have plenty sockets. And it's a big big price for such a basic device.

Any recommendations?

I have the dyson DC35 and find it very good for the odd bit of
cleaning.
Previously I was very happy with my small portable dirt devil.
The reason I brough the DC35 was when I nealry fell down the stairs
tripping over the lead of my DD, and that I wanted a new toy

That is even more expensive than the hand held Dyson I mentioned. All I
want is a small hand held device with good suction for the stairs. My
Panasonic is just fine for all other tasks. Except for wet and workshop
stuff - I have another for that. ;-)

--
*Caution: I drive like you do.

Dave Plowman London SW