Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hand held vacuum

In article ,
Paul D Smith wrote:
Firstly, I recently replaced a Panasonic upright (admitedly an old one)
with a Miele cylinder - what a difference!

I have no complaints about the Panasonic - apart from noise - and don't go
around replacing things for the sake of it. I'm not a Dyson type. ;-)

But your question, have you considered just extending the hose? Our
local market has a guy who sells hose "by the foot" so what I did was
purchase an additional replacement Panasonic hose (which was short)
plus a length of hose and put the "short hose" fittings on the end of
the long hose and voila - leave the Panny at the bottom of the stairs
whilst I cleaned away at the end of the long hose.

The existing hose is part of the device - it plugs into the base for
normal upright carpet cleaning. A longer one would no longer achieve this.
And it would need to be several times longer. High ceilings.

The Miele hose is just long enough to not need this trick, but I'd be
tempted to take this route.

--
*My designated driver drove me to drink

Dave Plowman London SW