Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Cheap laser cutter plastic

On Dec 13, 1:20*am, Theo Markettos
wrote:
We've been having fun with the laser cutter recently... *but 'professional'
(A1) acrylic sheets from our local supplier are a bit on the expensive side.
So I wondered if there was a source of cheap plastic sheet for messing about
with.

One thought was HDPE chopping boards (Tesco Value and friends, or
from the pound shop). *Anyone have any other ideas of a source of cheap
uniform-ish flat plastic, somewhere between 1mm and 12mm? *Is there some
supermarket or Ikea product that can be abused?

Cheers,
Theo

I would have thought getting a boxful of assorted plastic sheet
products from the local tip would work, 10-20p a piece.

NT