Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Servo motors & Gearboxes

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:36:57 -0800 (PST), toolbreaker
wrote:

On Dec 12, 1:04*pm, Tim Wescott wrote:
Where do you get your servo motors and gearboxes? *I'm working on a
contract that was _supposed_ to be just circuit design, but the customer
has asked me to help with picking out motors.

I'm looking at Anaheim Automation (which is, I assume, a reseller for
cheap Chinese stuff) and Teknic (whose prices are amazingly close, and
whom I've brushed up against in other contracts, and seen them highly
rated). *I'd be very happy to find more, particularly if the company
actually makes an effort to control cogging and other parasitic torques
down.

I'm looking for brushless motors and right-angle gearboxes with dual
output shafts that are pretty efficient (i.e. no worm gears!) and can
take some side loading.

Tim Wescott, Communications, Control, Circuits & Softwarehttp://www.wescottdesign.com

Looked at these for a project but never used them.

http://www.baldor.com/

If cogging is real important one might try a 3 phase induction motor
and a motor controller. We have project that uses this aproach will
good results. It wont be snappy but it will be smooth

This is what I use professionally

http://www.glentek.com/glentek/Index.aspx

Gunner Asch