Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Servo motors & Gearboxes

Where do you get your servo motors and gearboxes? I'm working on a
contract that was _supposed_ to be just circuit design, but the customer
has asked me to help with picking out motors.

I'm looking at Anaheim Automation (which is, I assume, a reseller for
cheap Chinese stuff) and Teknic (whose prices are amazingly close, and
whom I've brushed up against in other contracts, and seen them highly
rated). I'd be very happy to find more, particularly if the company
actually makes an effort to control cogging and other parasitic torques
down.

I'm looking for brushless motors and right-angle gearboxes with dual
output shafts that are pretty efficient (i.e. no worm gears!) and can
take some side loading.

http://www.wescottdesign.com