Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Water oftener , which one?

"Curt" wrote in message ...

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,
Our 16 YO Kenmore softener looks like getting tired. 3rd time I had to
install main valve seal kit, rotor disc, and venturi valve kit. Expecting
a replacement next, any suggestions/comments? Our water hardness is 15 to
20 depending what time of the year. 3 in the family.
Fleck? Clack? Autotrol? I don'r want Kenmore again.
TIA.

I bought a softener from Gary Slusser, who used to post here.
Unfortunately he retired, when Clack quit allowing internet sales. You
probably can find some very useful information on his forums, & on his
charts, which are still up. I'm very happy with the Clack valve & softener
unit.
http://www.qualitywaterassociates.com/softeners/

Our Fleck has been a real champ.