Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom Del Rosso[_4_] Tom Del Rosso[_4_] is offline

Default Types of lead-free solder

N_Cook wrote:

It is the absence of lead rather than presence of tin that is causing
the problems, you have tin in both leaded and lead-free solder. It is
the lead that gives the forgiveness, perhaps someone knows the
technical rather than folksy term for this

Sorry, I misread your previous post. I was thinking of the opposite. If
the joint used SnPb originally you would never be able to remove all the
lead, so could you use Pb-free after cleaning?

zero, and remove the last word.