Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugh - Was Invisible Hugh - Was Invisible is offline

Default OT. Sim for 93 year old with sporadic use

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:21:38 -0000, Dave Liquorice
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:57:16 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

It *might* be worth seeing what the hospital bedside phone/TV

system
has to offer. Noticed in the Cumberland Royal Infirmary the other

day
that they now include free 01, 02, 03 calls when you buy a package

of
phone/TV.

Unless things have changed in the last few years then a mobile phone
would be the cheaper option.

I think things have changed, at least at the CI. When I was in there
a couple of years back there where no free phone calls just expensive
ones and the TV wasn't cheap
either.

http://www.ncuh.nhs.uk/patients-and-...bedside-televi
sion-radio-television.aspx

I suspect the companies running the service have had to respond to
the hospitals relaxing the blanket ban on mobile phones. 6 days for
£15 isn't bad with free 01, 02, 03 calls. Though I note they do say
"BT Landlines" after the 01, 02, 03 list...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Last time Mum was in hospital I seem to recall that the cost of calling in
to them was close to £1 per minute.