Posted to uk.d-i-y
funkyoldcortina funkyoldcortina is offline

Default OT. Sim for 93 year old with sporadic use

On 12/12/11 10:04, JoeJoe wrote:
On 12/12/2011 09:41, Terry Fields wrote:

Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

Hi All. Off topic but there is so much knowledge here ....

93 year old Mum goes in to hospital on Sunday. Sim free mobile (Doro 332)
is on its way.

Mum will only want a sim for calls. Will have moderate use whilst in
hospital for a few days and then be used only for emergencies.

I am having a lot of difficulty finding out how long credit and sim lasts
if unused.

Anyone got any recommendations please?

Hospital has reception problems with t-mobile and orange but 02 and
Vodafone based networks are OK

TIA for any replies.

My MiL wanted a mobile phone for emergencies, and she's 85. I went
with a free SIM from 3 - apparently any credit never expires (it
certainly hasn't on our 3 dongle, anyway, which is used sporadically).

HTH

Terry Fields

Worth checking reception as although offering good deals, 3 have serious
reception issues is more rural areas.

ASDA mobile don't expire also, and are pretty cheap.

In the 5 rural areas I frequent, 3 have the best reception. In most of these
rural areas there's no 3G signal at all from Vodafone or O2, and in one of
them there's no signal of any kind from O2.