Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default UPVC window handle fell off, how to re-attach?

On Dec 11, 10:54*pm, Justin C wrote:
Our UPVC kitchen window was always stiff and took quite a yank to close,
over time this has weakened the threads in the locking mechanism that
the handle screws to. I've re-screwed it time and time again and now the
screws no longer bite, the internal thread has all but gone.

How can I re-attach the handle? It is of the type where you depress a
button and turn it 90 degrees to unlock and then open the window.

* *Justin.

You will need a new lock. The handle screws go into the lock body
which is usually only aluminium alloy (monkey metal).
You will have to disconnect the operating rods, usually just a
"crocodile teeth" arrangement but easy enough.