Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default 31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 11:57:22 -0800 (PST), BobR
wrote:

Vic,

I can't decide if we are dealing with two total morons or a couple of
bozos who think they are in the debate club and will win by scoring
point for totally ignorant arguments. In either case, they have
proven to be capable of endless idiot arguments that just aren't worth
wasting more time on. It would be easy to understand why neither of
them would have any net worth since they clearly can't understand that
spending money, especially when they don't need to, reduces their net
worth.

I don't think they're morons.
They just think differently that you and me.
Aliens? (just kidding)
And you don't have to think a certain way to accumulate wealth.
If you have a high income you can spend plenty on expenses and still
build up nice net worth.
On a lower income you can cut expenses to do the same.
It's all relative, and everybody's different.
But you can't deny expenses exist.
Some people look at a $30k new car as a necessary expense.
And maybe it is for them. That's fine.
I don't even have $20K in cars in 45 years of owning cars.
Because I can choose good used cars and fix them myself.
Do I care if others want to buy a new car?
Nope.
Does it bother me not ever buying a new car?
Nope.
Has it affected my net worth?
Yep.

--Vic