Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default 31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 21:56:19 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Could you also figure in the benefits of mowing the lawn yourself like
getting exercise, fresh air and sun for vitamin D? The free workout so
you don't have to go to a gym or pay a personal trainer? Perhaps the act
of mowing your lawn could reveal any medical problem brought on by
exertion saving your life? Involving family members by getting children
outdoors away from TV and video games, teaching them about safety around
power equipment and the bonding experience of working together. How can
you place a value on these things? ^_^

Yep. All of that.
I enjoy doing the lawn work for the reasons you gave.
Can't say my kids ever considered it party time when I made them do
it, but they never complained.
As you say, some things can't be priced.
But I know the price to hire out my lawn mowing.
And I knew the price of a gym membership in the past.

--Vic