Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Alternative Battery LR44

Very good idea, Winston.. it hadn't occurred to me to integrate something
into the battery cover, and your solution is ingenious in terms of
simplifying the modification.

I guess that's why I hadn't added a switch to the cable plug cover (on the
top side), which would require removing material from the cover, opening the
display housing and various other steps.. the big one being that the
calipers still work reliably after being reassembled.

--
WB

"Winston" wrote in message
Wild_Bill wrote:

(...)

I keep intending to install a tiny switch (from a small LED light or
other little gizmo) to be able to shut the power off when not using the
calipers, but removing the batteries isn't so inconvenient.. losing the
battery cover would be.

Little switches tend to die early. Ask Palm about that.

I like an elastomer carbon button driven by a threaded
knob that makes contact between the '+' side of the
button cell and the caliper cell contact instead:

----
.---. | |.--------. Flex PCB
| P | | || ||
| o | /\/.-.|| ||