Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Commercial refrigeration question

On 12/9/2011 5:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I service freezers, for selling bagged ice. I have seen a run of dusty
condensors, and this month, been changing out condensor fans.

With the dirty condensor, the pressures and temps go up. Does that tend to
cook the condensor fans? Causing early failure? It seems sensible.

Heck, you know the motors are cooled by air flowing over them. Restrict
air flow and raise its temperature and what do you think is going to
happen. The fact that those boxes sit outside in hot weather can also
heat stress the condenser fan motor. Funny thing though, the motor may
not fail until months after a severe overheating. :-(

TDD