Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Source for *magnetic* extended drill drivers

On 12/10/2011 6:11 AM, John wrote:

For hard to reach places where your hand may not fit into to hold the
screw on the tip of the driver.

6" to 12" would be great for common screw types. I pretty much stick to
phillips but a set of differing screw head types would be nice to have
around.

Tried a Google search without results, obviously I am not asking the
right questions. The responses I get are either non-magnetic or Rube
Goldberg contraptions.

Thanks,
John

I've never had a problem finding long magnetic bit extensions. For a
really long one, you may have to visit one of the local industrial
supply houses but 6" bit extensions are common at the big box home
improvement stores. If you must have a long magnetic holder, use a
sliding chuck release type to extend a shorter magnetic tip holder.

https://encrypted.google.com/webhp#h...w=1024&bih=588

http://preview.tinyurl.com/cyjxbcp

TDD